PURPOSE OF JOB POSITION:
The primary purpose of the position is providing and directing occupational therapy services to patients which may include pediatric, adult and/or geriatric persons in multiple settings including: Skilled Nursing Facility, Long Term Care, Outpatient Rehab, and Inpatient Rehab.
• MS/OTD in Occupational Therapy or BS with equivalent work experience.
• Successful completion of State Certification Examination for Occupational Therapy.
• Assumes responsibility for ongoing continuing education and professional development
• Must maintain valid state Occupational Therapy licensure
• Provides occupational therapy services to patients and initiates referrals when appropriate and in accordance with Occupational Therapy Department Procedures.
• Conducts screenings of patients at regular intervals to determine need for interventions/treatment.
• Evaluates patients to obtain data necessary for treatment planning and implementation. Conducts specialized evaluations as indicated..
• Develops treatment plan by identifying a target list, including short and long term goals and methods to achieve identified goals.
• Must be able to work independently with periodic (daily or less) support and directions.
• Basic knowledge of computers, typing abilities and willingness to utilize computers on a daily basis.
• Documents all results of patient’s assessment, treatment, follow-up and termination of services.
• Adapts treatment to meet the individual needs of the patient.
• Participates in discharge planning.
• Supervises and directs Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) in the implementation of the treatment plan.
• Supervises Rehabilitation Technicians, students and volunteers as needed
* Position Type: Full-time
* Shift: Day shift